chinesechikn
Mar 27, 03:35 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
OH noooos, you gots me theres. ;) It's not exactly easy to takes 'some' of me toys with me, but as a trade off I get an absolutely superior experience on all fronts. There are NO compromises to my controls. I get top notch visuals now that are much better than what can be done on dated consoles like the PS3 and 360, and at a much higher frame rate.
I have an iPad, I'm getting an iPad 2 for compatibility testing. I have a great phone that's similar to my iPad performance wise -- which I can plug a Wiimote into and play a ton of old games. I have a DS and I'm getting a 3DS.
I have portability for entertainment and there's nothing stoping me from bringing my PC, wheel, etc. to my friend's place, something I've done.
Who care's if the future iPad is up to par with a 360 visually as an example, it will still be subpar compared to my PC now and chances are it will still lack proper inputs.
If I wan to play a casual exploration game, a time killer, something that has fun direct interaction like World of Goo, I'll pull out my iPad. But for racing or any game that just plays better with a mouse, a wheel, a flightstick, and so on, I really can't care that my iPad or any future version is portable, if it makes playing these types of games lame.
Oh yay! These forums attract the angry Microsoft supporters, Android yahoos and now the rabid gamers are feeling insecure. We should all petition Apple to stop making compelling devices!
Here here
OH noooos, you gots me theres. ;) It's not exactly easy to takes 'some' of me toys with me, but as a trade off I get an absolutely superior experience on all fronts. There are NO compromises to my controls. I get top notch visuals now that are much better than what can be done on dated consoles like the PS3 and 360, and at a much higher frame rate.
I have an iPad, I'm getting an iPad 2 for compatibility testing. I have a great phone that's similar to my iPad performance wise -- which I can plug a Wiimote into and play a ton of old games. I have a DS and I'm getting a 3DS.
I have portability for entertainment and there's nothing stoping me from bringing my PC, wheel, etc. to my friend's place, something I've done.
Who care's if the future iPad is up to par with a 360 visually as an example, it will still be subpar compared to my PC now and chances are it will still lack proper inputs.
If I wan to play a casual exploration game, a time killer, something that has fun direct interaction like World of Goo, I'll pull out my iPad. But for racing or any game that just plays better with a mouse, a wheel, a flightstick, and so on, I really can't care that my iPad or any future version is portable, if it makes playing these types of games lame.
Oh yay! These forums attract the angry Microsoft supporters, Android yahoos and now the rabid gamers are feeling insecure. We should all petition Apple to stop making compelling devices!
Here here
liketom
Jul 19, 04:20 PM
Which is exactly why the past few weeks have been a great time to load up on Apple stock. Apple has been increasing computer sales with transitional computers. The "real" machines aren't out yet.
In other words, Apple growth won't be slowing down any time soon. In fact, it should probably accelerate over the next 12 months.
with a little help from us Mac users out here who end up buying 2 Macs or more a year ;)
i tell you this year is getting real expensive for me , Mac Mini Intel then the Black Book and later this year the new Mac Pro and just don't even talk about iPods yet :D Apple is skinting me worse then a divorce
In other words, Apple growth won't be slowing down any time soon. In fact, it should probably accelerate over the next 12 months.
with a little help from us Mac users out here who end up buying 2 Macs or more a year ;)
i tell you this year is getting real expensive for me , Mac Mini Intel then the Black Book and later this year the new Mac Pro and just don't even talk about iPods yet :D Apple is skinting me worse then a divorce
zedsdead
Apr 12, 09:10 PM
Cocoa, Grand Central, Open CL!!!
Danksi
Dec 31, 12:54 AM
What do I see the iTV for? Streaming media, a glorified IP TV box, an easier way to bring the iPod to the living room. I really don't see it doing anything else. I'm hoping that I'm wrong.
This is how iTV was originally presented, at least from what I recall, accessing your iTunes/iPhoto content on a TV. There's a hint there may be more, but I don't think so.
My interest is the convenience of not having to plug my iBook into the TV and then mount the media drive inside the MacPro located upstairs, to watch some family movies or something I've downloaded. This certainly isn't convenient for the rest of the family.
I've been shoving everything Music/Video related into iTunes, which has made access loads easier/quicker from both the iBook and my wife's Windows XP laptop (using iTunes) - but it's still not on the TV, without cables etc (and no remote)
Unfortunately I've also noticed that not all movies/video-podcasts are shared properly, some are fixed by re-importing, some by re-tagging with 'lostify', but others are stubborn - this 'bug' needs fixing!
This is how iTV was originally presented, at least from what I recall, accessing your iTunes/iPhoto content on a TV. There's a hint there may be more, but I don't think so.
My interest is the convenience of not having to plug my iBook into the TV and then mount the media drive inside the MacPro located upstairs, to watch some family movies or something I've downloaded. This certainly isn't convenient for the rest of the family.
I've been shoving everything Music/Video related into iTunes, which has made access loads easier/quicker from both the iBook and my wife's Windows XP laptop (using iTunes) - but it's still not on the TV, without cables etc (and no remote)
Unfortunately I've also noticed that not all movies/video-podcasts are shared properly, some are fixed by re-importing, some by re-tagging with 'lostify', but others are stubborn - this 'bug' needs fixing!
FireStar
Oct 20, 03:12 PM
i found one that matches a case that i bought for my iphone a while back!
[tIMG]http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/cimo/itouch4_dualgel_blue_01.jpg=800[/IMG]
snatched it up for 6 bucks! what a deal. i think i might get black next..
Darn. I thought it wasn't generic for a second. But it still looks nice.
[tIMG]http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/cimo/itouch4_dualgel_blue_01.jpg=800[/IMG]
snatched it up for 6 bucks! what a deal. i think i might get black next..
Darn. I thought it wasn't generic for a second. But it still looks nice.
MagnusVonMagnum
Oct 24, 05:22 PM
First off, Consumer Reports makes money by selling subscriptions which means free press is good for them. Sensational popular bad reviews gets them publicity - good reviews get them nothing.
Bullcrap. WTF looks through CR to read bad reports? I look in it to find the BEST performing and quality products, not the worst. I only care about the worst if it was something I was considering at which point I take a much closer look.
Second, the Suzuki Samarai is not a Chinese vehicle - Suzuki is a Japanese company.
I wasn't referring to a specific product, but the fact that most crap comes from China these days (vehicles are one of the few exceptions).
Third, save your political slant for some other forum - we talk tech here - not politics.
Sorry, but EVERYTHING is politics. You cannot discuss economics and manufacturing without bumping into it.
Fourth, hate China much?
I hate their government. They are nuclear armed Communists and Communism goes against most of the things I believe in from all forms of freedom dictatorships. Admittedly corrupt democracies aren't night and day better, but they're still better. You apparently like Communism (so long as it's good for the wallet?)
Fifth, I personally tried to verify Consumer Reports claims in multiple iPhone-4 units to no avail. I'm still holding off for iPhone-5 to save my budget, but all I can say about iPhone-4 is that it's the best phone I've ever seen.
Most people take warnings as warnings. You apparently think the rest of the review (highest rated smart phone ever) doesn't even exist. You'd rather waste your time arguing about a magazine that most people find useful at times.
Bullcrap. WTF looks through CR to read bad reports? I look in it to find the BEST performing and quality products, not the worst. I only care about the worst if it was something I was considering at which point I take a much closer look.
Second, the Suzuki Samarai is not a Chinese vehicle - Suzuki is a Japanese company.
I wasn't referring to a specific product, but the fact that most crap comes from China these days (vehicles are one of the few exceptions).
Third, save your political slant for some other forum - we talk tech here - not politics.
Sorry, but EVERYTHING is politics. You cannot discuss economics and manufacturing without bumping into it.
Fourth, hate China much?
I hate their government. They are nuclear armed Communists and Communism goes against most of the things I believe in from all forms of freedom dictatorships. Admittedly corrupt democracies aren't night and day better, but they're still better. You apparently like Communism (so long as it's good for the wallet?)
Fifth, I personally tried to verify Consumer Reports claims in multiple iPhone-4 units to no avail. I'm still holding off for iPhone-5 to save my budget, but all I can say about iPhone-4 is that it's the best phone I've ever seen.
Most people take warnings as warnings. You apparently think the rest of the review (highest rated smart phone ever) doesn't even exist. You'd rather waste your time arguing about a magazine that most people find useful at times.
emotion
Nov 27, 02:35 PM
Maybe they should drop the price of the 20" Cinema Display to something more reasonable, such as $499 - $699 is far too much. In the UK it is �529!
I've seen 22" DVI Widescreen TFTs selling for under �300, often close to �200. $499 is probably too high still (even if it is a better standard of panel, and includes a Firewire hub) - maybe $399. Put the 17" up for ~$249 and aim it at Mac Mini purchasers (+iSight, -Firewire, 4 USB2 ports).
Some would hold up that the type of panels used (see the dell 24 vs acd 23 artcile) in the cheaper monitors is different and that is what you pay for.
Most people dont care that much though and do make the direct comparison. So price-wise the ACD looks to be a bad deal.
I've seen 22" DVI Widescreen TFTs selling for under �300, often close to �200. $499 is probably too high still (even if it is a better standard of panel, and includes a Firewire hub) - maybe $399. Put the 17" up for ~$249 and aim it at Mac Mini purchasers (+iSight, -Firewire, 4 USB2 ports).
Some would hold up that the type of panels used (see the dell 24 vs acd 23 artcile) in the cheaper monitors is different and that is what you pay for.
Most people dont care that much though and do make the direct comparison. So price-wise the ACD looks to be a bad deal.
barmann
May 2, 08:59 PM
Haha so many mad fanboys. " APL Y U RUIN MY OSX"
I think its a neat trinket, deleting apps this way, but nothing major worth over analyzing.
I was under the impression an Apple fanboy is someone who applauds whatever move Apple makes to lead us into a brighter future .
Besides, the new feature doesn't delete apps, only applets, if that . ;)
I think its a neat trinket, deleting apps this way, but nothing major worth over analyzing.
I was under the impression an Apple fanboy is someone who applauds whatever move Apple makes to lead us into a brighter future .
Besides, the new feature doesn't delete apps, only applets, if that . ;)
MasonH
Apr 2, 11:04 PM
When Apple has their Quarterly press conference expect the iPad 2 to list 4+ million or more sales with back orders in the millions.
The return rate of all Apple products, across all of their hardware lines are lowest in the entire industry.
The iPhone 4 fiasco had a return rate half of that of the iPhone 3GS that everyone loved.
iPad return rate is at 2%: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20030211-37.html
Look to that being at or lower for the iPad 2.
Ummm - the reason probably is shown on the 1400 post "light bleed" thread. People WANT the thing bad so they don't "return" it... they get it "swapped". Quite a few people over there are on their 4th to 5th swap
(which boggles my mind frankly) in a search to get one with no bleed.
They all seem to have it to varying degrees but I have to hand it to Apple for (so far) not claiming this is "in spec" to shut down all these
"swaps".
Apple probably lists all these as "exchanges" and therefore they don't count as "returns". Makes the customer happy and makes them look good in the press. Everybody wins.
Towards the end of the huge thread over at Apple.com people are being told the same thing from the reps when they call... that Apple "is looking into the qc issue on this batch of iPads and hopes to resolve the issue". That's good news for everybody.
The return rate of all Apple products, across all of their hardware lines are lowest in the entire industry.
The iPhone 4 fiasco had a return rate half of that of the iPhone 3GS that everyone loved.
iPad return rate is at 2%: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20030211-37.html
Look to that being at or lower for the iPad 2.
Ummm - the reason probably is shown on the 1400 post "light bleed" thread. People WANT the thing bad so they don't "return" it... they get it "swapped". Quite a few people over there are on their 4th to 5th swap
(which boggles my mind frankly) in a search to get one with no bleed.
They all seem to have it to varying degrees but I have to hand it to Apple for (so far) not claiming this is "in spec" to shut down all these
"swaps".
Apple probably lists all these as "exchanges" and therefore they don't count as "returns". Makes the customer happy and makes them look good in the press. Everybody wins.
Towards the end of the huge thread over at Apple.com people are being told the same thing from the reps when they call... that Apple "is looking into the qc issue on this batch of iPads and hopes to resolve the issue". That's good news for everybody.
antster94
Mar 19, 05:52 PM
I like how you spelt Libya wrong.
quagmire
Apr 9, 04:45 PM
I know how to drive a manual, but it has been ages since last time I have been in one and I wouldn't want to get in a high powered car with a manual where breaking anything will cost $$$$ due to my lack of experience in one.
funrush
Apr 2, 10:25 AM
.

danbirchall
Jan 12, 07:09 AM
Aluminum is much harder to recycle than plastic
Say what? It may have a higher melting point than plastic, but it's the most recyclable material out there. Plastic often can't even be used in the same application multiple times, and ends up being "downcycled" into something completely different. Wikipedia says recycling aluminum is 95% more efficient than making it from ore; recycling plastic is only 70% more efficient than making it new.
Say what? It may have a higher melting point than plastic, but it's the most recyclable material out there. Plastic often can't even be used in the same application multiple times, and ends up being "downcycled" into something completely different. Wikipedia says recycling aluminum is 95% more efficient than making it from ore; recycling plastic is only 70% more efficient than making it new.
EagerDragon
Nov 28, 11:42 AM
Creating a low end monitor would be a very, very wise decision on Apple's part. Buyers of Mac Minis would appreciate having a less expensive Apple monitor to go with their stuff.
I disagree, take the price of a mini, add a good 17" monitor (4:3 (but not a super cheap one)) then compare the price to the 17" iMac. Not much difference and the iMac has better everything.
I disagree, take the price of a mini, add a good 17" monitor (4:3 (but not a super cheap one)) then compare the price to the 17" iMac. Not much difference and the iMac has better everything.
beagleybeagley
Apr 19, 11:28 AM
What's up with the consumer MacBook timeline?
We've been waiting for its refresh. Are they just trying to make me jump at the bottom end MacBook Pro? (Of course they are!)
I hereby request a MacBook rumor, end of the week at the latest. Please deliver. :-)
We've been waiting for its refresh. Are they just trying to make me jump at the bottom end MacBook Pro? (Of course they are!)
I hereby request a MacBook rumor, end of the week at the latest. Please deliver. :-)
aafuss1
Sep 6, 06:06 PM
Bet the combo and Superdrives are all unchanged-the suppliers the same as February's model. And all Core Duo makes sense.
No HDMI or Blu-Ray though (but could jack the price up-so best left for 24" iMac's first revision in 2007)
No HDMI or Blu-Ray though (but could jack the price up-so best left for 24" iMac's first revision in 2007)

standingquiet
Jan 10, 07:42 PM
So very sad but true. F1 fan here, and rally if I can ever find time to watch it. I might not be a F1 fan for much longer though if they keep making "the ultimate racing machine" slower and slower by limiting the technology :mad: I understand the safety reasons, but its getting to be worse than the bicycle world:eek:
IMO F1 died along time ago it's so boring now. My favourite, most entertaining and close action racing is British and World Touring Cars.
IMO F1 died along time ago it's so boring now. My favourite, most entertaining and close action racing is British and World Touring Cars.
SuperCachetes
Feb 25, 07:37 PM
I wish there were more affordable Diesels in the States. A Cruze might be a bit "too" affordable, but neither can I step up to a Mercedes. The BMW 330d is sweet, though. I have to rule out VWs based on a personal bias. What to do... :o
I'm really keen to see this system (http://www.greasecar.com/faq) in action. Waste oil as fuel = brilliant.
I'm really keen to see this system (http://www.greasecar.com/faq) in action. Waste oil as fuel = brilliant.
ljcarr
Jan 4, 05:21 AM
My pride and joy.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/3118434529_012ae33259.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30820359@N08/3118434529/)
Side (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30820359@N08/3118434529/) by ljcarrD300 (http://www.flickr.com/people/30820359@N08/), on Flickr
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3315/3179882976_ba29866369.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30820359@N08/3179882976/)
Front side 1 (1) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30820359@N08/3179882976/) by ljcarrD300 (http://www.flickr.com/people/30820359@N08/), on Flickr
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/3118434529_012ae33259.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30820359@N08/3118434529/)
Side (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30820359@N08/3118434529/) by ljcarrD300 (http://www.flickr.com/people/30820359@N08/), on Flickr
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3315/3179882976_ba29866369.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30820359@N08/3179882976/)
Front side 1 (1) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30820359@N08/3179882976/) by ljcarrD300 (http://www.flickr.com/people/30820359@N08/), on Flickr
MacRumors
Apr 12, 08:11 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/12/nab-final-cut-supermeet-coverage/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/12/210422-275739796_500.jpg
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/12/210422-275739796_500.jpg
jfr001
Nov 29, 05:51 PM
D) Change the remote- no offense, but this remote needs a few more buttons, considering it may drive a media hub.
Well, then you don't understand Apple's magic. That's precisely where
they are good at: make complicated things simple.
It's like a Sony TV remote control compared to others : when you use it, you find everything else too much complicated...
Well, then you don't understand Apple's magic. That's precisely where
they are good at: make complicated things simple.
It's like a Sony TV remote control compared to others : when you use it, you find everything else too much complicated...
Hraggleblarg
Sep 29, 10:41 PM
Every time I go by CR's reviews, I make a terrible purchase... I wonder what that says.
edtorious
Apr 2, 07:52 PM
did you see the backlight bleeding?!? :rolleyes:
mrmicp
Apr 3, 04:48 AM
The advert speaks volumes to me, I love it..... a select few won't, but it's just not possible to please 100% of the people 100% of the time.