Sunday's Golf




Our Club outing was at Bayonet, on the old Fort Ord base in Monterey County. I thought this was a much easier test of golf than the first three courses we've played in the club. After my yummy breakfast at Black Bear in Gilroy, I stopped and loaded up on ammo, buying two boxes of golf balls, just in case.
Turns out I didn't need them because I didn't lose a single ball all day. I think I hit the ball better, but there was no on course water or lateral hazards. You would have to really hit one into the shit to lose a ball on Bayonet.
I ended shooting 116, which is a net 80. I didn't place in the money, but I didn't shoot the highest score of the day either.
I though the course was in nice shape, but the greens were inconsistent. That's still no excuse for 40 putts, however.