nudist revolution

This quarter I'm taking a class called Contemporary Issues in Fashion Merchandising and we all have to choose a topic to blog about for ten weeks. I've decided to focus on a subject that I've always been passionate about, as the title of my blog hints at.

The only reason I even knew that majoring in fashion was a possibility is because while I was living in Orlando I met a nudist who was also a fashion student: Janelle Nutting.



In addition to being one of the few people I met in central Florida who actually had great style, she also had an inspiring outlook on fashion, influenced by her upbringing. People would initially find her involvement in fashion to be a funny contradiction, but she would confidently respond that her nudist views allowed her to appreciate clothing as purely an art form. This made complete sense to me and has greatly influenced my own take on nudity and fashion. I hope that this mentality will spread and change the way people think about clothing.

Lately I've been super excited about the revealing trends that have taken over the world. Up until now, I've just appreciated them by wearing them whenever possible. But now I'm going to use this opportunity to analyze these trends and the impact it is having on society. We are living in a time of change and I'll be documenting it by updating my blog at least twice a week, in addition to my usual posts.