I went out to the old neighborhood yesterday to pick up my new glasses and to open the rv so my ex can get what she wants out of the coach. I brought the scooter keys and hoped the Majesty would fire up. It sits in the cargo trailer I bought a few years ago.
Usually, when I walk into the trailer, its hooked up to the rv. Well, yesterday it wasn't and I wasn't paying enough attention so when I opened the rear ramp and walked in, that put all the weight behind the axle and the front end lifted right up off the ground.
The scooter wasn't tied down so it rolled backwards into me, knocked me down (and out of the trailer onto the ramp) and fell on top of me. I was alone out on the tarmac and there was no yelling for help. So, I managed to excavate myself from under the scooter and only got scraped and bloody a bit. The scooter was a little worse for wear, but thank the FSM it fired right up after not being started in a while. I want to get the scooter to Fremont so I can ride it more. Randy has the garage full of his dirt bikes, but he's paring down his fleet. So there may be room here soon.
I bent the hinge on the ramp and got a hammer and hammered it back into place so the ramp would close. I can't roll the scooter back into the trailer because as soon as the weight hits the rear of the trailer, the front end lifts up and that spells trouble. I even put the rear stabilizers down and since my spot is on an incline, they don't reach the ground. I think I need some blocks of wood to fit under the supports. Trust me, I felt like a dumbass when this happened.